7.27.2008

some cool, borderline nerdy stuff


Lego Stephen Hawking! I've been yearning for Legos hard lately, but this just takes it to a whole new level.
(kottke.org)



For die-hard Donkey Kong and/or King of King lovers, only.
(whatisblik.com/nintendo)







(20x200.com)

I keep reading about this project everywhere, and it sounds amazing. Artists out of New York put up new pieces every week, one photo and one work on paper. Depending upon the size, you can buy 1 of 200 for $20, (hence the name), medium sized pieces for $200, or larger editions of 2 for $2,000...which I know, no one reading this can probably afford. But still! Anyway, some of the pieces are excellent, and the site seems like a good way to add art to a collection. Hooray for pretty, cheap art!


Today I made waffles for the first time ever, and they were lovely. Banana walnut, topped with blackberries to be exact. Rick's mom got the iron for me for my birthday, and I can't wait to create tons of other crazy concoctions with it in the future. The blackberries came from the Proctor Farmer's Market that we went to bright and early yesterday. 1/2 a flat for $12, quite impressive. We've basically just been eating them by themselves though.

The birthday was chill. No crazy party/dinner this year, which was a nice change up. I got some lovely gifts and spent the day relaxing with Rick. I couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in my mid-20's.

No comments: