8.13.2008

The 2nd best thing to come out of New Zealand...

since Flight of the Conchords, of course.

Behold...



Vegan marshmallow making kits! Genius! Why hasn't someone in the US already gotten on this? Marshmallows, (and thus, sadly, smores) are probably the last food item I have yet to find/make a delicious vegan substitute for. I hear rumors that co-ops/Whole Foods/other natural foods stores carry them, but they're always sold out. At Food Fight! in Portland, they even had a sign specifically letting shoppers know that no, they don't have any vegan marshmallows in. I am so stoked to get this, and have a massive smoresfest.

Rick and I have moved onto watching Freaks & Geeks in the time when he's not editing, and I'm not job-hunting/interviewing. I can't believe I'd never seen this show before, because it is so up my alley. Like a sort of updated Wonder Years, minus the inner dialogue and with sassier characters and even more awkward situations. The writing and actors are truly what seem to make the show work well, and I can't get enough of the painful teenage drama scenes that make me so thankful to be out of high school. Judd Apatow = genius.

No comments: