9.28.2008

Bringing home the (tempeh) bacon

Tomorrow I start the new job, and I'm sufficiently nervous.

It's been a long time since I actually cared about my performance at a place of employment, so this speaks highly of the job itself. I have done most of the things I will be doing there, but hope that I'll be able to do them well, or at least to the best of my abilities. The last woman in the position worked it for something like 7 years. Yikes. I have nowhere near that much experience, but that's okay. I am quick and bright and pick up things fast in good, creative environments. I'm optimistic, because I know this job will be good for me and teach me the ins and outs of the educational world, in case I ever do decide to pick up teaching as a job. You never quite know with me.

Off to keep reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, aka the book that is taking me forever to read. I am so, so close to finishing and can't wait to see how it resolves. I love my Murakami, but I have so many books just waiting to be read next. Delicious, lovely books.

No comments: