3.19.2009

Wax and wane

Overall, I'd say that the past week and a half has been supremely shitty.
No need for details, but two main reasons are that Rick's grandfather passed away (R.I.P. Grandpa Bob), and I've been insanely stressed about my car and visiting home/family next week. I can't say that I won't be happy to see this week end.

On the other hand, lots of excellent things have been happening/are on the horizon that I will focus on now, such as:

- figuring out that I can and will buy a car next month (an oxymoronic new used one, natch, but still a car!)
- talking to my sister on the phone lately, and having conversations that are actually pleasant
- feeling very comfortable and happy at work, so much so that I nearly wanted to cry tears of sweet joy my first week there
- seeing the Plague Doctors/Sordid Sentinals play an epic set in front of a Seattle audience
- finishing Watchmen FINALLY, and laughing in the face of the terrible film
- making plans with Jewels, Eric, Serena and other California-dwelling friends for next weekend (Amoeba, Native Foods, and C+O's are all definitely in the cards)
- Rick's birthday planning...heh heh heh
- buying a curling iron for the first time since junior high
- Bonnie/Bridget are coming to the Plague Doctors/Sordid Sentinals show tomorrow eve, we hanging/feasting shall commence beforehand

So, I am now mentally dumping all of the negative crap that has been going on, and am proceeding to fill my head with butterflies, rainbows, owls and moonbeams. Here's to hoping next week is better.

No comments: