5.18.2009

A hot minute

That's exactly how long it's been since I last blogged here. I suck at this, but it's probably because twittar has taken up where this left off in my world. But I will still half-assedly attempt entries every time the fancy strikes. So here's one of those now:

Life is generally grand, no doom and gloom here. We've been rearranging things in the apt., chucking furniture, adding more, installing shelves, organizing, etc. It's wild, and the space looks so much bigger. It's amazing what the discarding of things and the addition of the right-sized things can do. I love it. I hope it stays this awesome for long time.

Newest TV obsession (albeit not a new one for me) is Project Runway. We raced through seasons 1-3 and are now on 4. I forgot how much I loved this show, Heidi Klum, but especially Tim Gunn. I liked him before but watching it with Rick and seeing his appreciation for him makes me realize how much he adds to the show. He seriously seems like such a doll, and is always lookin' so sharp.



I was also thisclose to interviewing Neko Case for an article, but it ended up falling through. Apparently she "isn't doing interviews for this tour in Tacoma or Seattle." Ugh, I'm kinda disappointed Neko. Abandoning your roots. It's okay, we still kinda love you.

But I DID get to interview/photograph the Sordid Sentinels a week or so ago and that article will be in the paper this week! So look out for it, collect it, and frame it up nice. Because they're going to be famous one day, (and might have a different band name by then), I just know it.

The weather has finally been clearing up, and I am in heaven. I think I need the sun to fully be myself. That may sound new-agey, but it's true. I'm at one with the earth when basked in the sun. Read in Wright Park today, and it was glorious. Every second.

Been really behind on reading books because I read many articles during the week. It felt good to catch up on Simone de Beauvoir today, but I need to finish many, including Y: The Last Man. Too many delicious books.

I'm also not really quite sure why I'm still awake right now, but that might explain why this entry looks the way it does in the morning. Okay. Bye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim Gunn is my hero.

Yes, time for bed.

Dawn said...

:D As he definitely should be.

And for bonzos, too.

Mr. Ocean Phone said...

yeah, you definitely should finish Y. you know i dont read much, so the fact that i devoured those books like rick does mike+ikes should be an indication of something.

and thanks for the kind words regarding sordid sentinels (and of course doing the interview in the first place). when we get famous, i promise we wont go all neko case on you.

Dawn said...

I read the first part of your comment out loud to Rick and he busted up. You're right, sir, and I think I'm going to finish it up after this! And of course, no problem. I am all about supporting peoples I believe in. And thank you, I'd appreciate bands not Neko Casing it on me at the last minute in the future. ;]

Anonymous said...

Mmm... Mike n' Ikes...